NETFLIX Ad Tier Plan Pricing and Info Announced to Start November 3rd, 720p Video Streaming Quality
Netflix has had a tough time in the market due to rising costs and increased competition from new services. Today, the streaming giant announced most of the information customers will need regarding its new ad-supported pricing tier. The move, which Netflix hopes, will please customers who have unsubscribed due to rising fees over the past year.
Basic with ads – Netflix’s low-cost ad-supported plan – in November.
- Unmissable entertainment at an unbeatable price: Basic with ads will cost just $6.99 per month in the US and launch November 3 at 9am PT.
- Available in 12 countries: Basic with ads will be available in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom and United States.
- A plan for every fan: Our current plans and membership will not be impacted. Basic with ads complements our existing offer without advertising Basic, Standard and Prime plans.
- What stays the same: A wide variety of quality TV shows and movies; personalized viewing experience; available on a wide range of televisions and mobile devices; modify or cancel your plan at any time.
- What is different: Video quality up to 720p/HD (now for our two Basic with ads and Basic plans); average of 4 to 5 minutes of announcements per hour; a limited number of movies and TV shows will not be available due to licensing restrictions, which we are working on; no possibility to download titles.
Netflix really goes all out with advertisers by implementing tools to ensure that targeted ads reach audiences through content associated with the advertiser’s brand values and the service works with Nielson’s ratings through the measurement tools from this company.
It’s unclear what content won’t be available to ad-level subscribers. If it’s licensing deals, it’s likely to affect syndication-type programming on the platform.